Building with SASS
SASS makes CSS fun again. Sass is an extension of CSS3, adding nested rules, variables, mixins and selector inheritance. Sass allows you to compile multiple CSS files into a single minified CSS file, making your sites load faster. Sass makes writing CSS more efficient and more powerful!
Why should you care?
Many companies now include SASS as a requirement for front-end developers. In the near future, all front-end developers will be expected to have experience in SASS. Now is the time to get up to speed!
How will this workshop help you?
- Gain the knowledge and skills needed to write more efficient CSS
- Increase your front-end development productivity
- Create cross-browser CSS without all the headaches
- Quickly and effectively compile and minify your CSS
- Get a new set of skills that will make you more employable in the future
What will this workshop cover?
This workshop will give you the skills and tools to start writing smarter CSS by using the SASS CSS preprocessor. Using a range of hands-on exercises the workshop will:
- Introduce CSS pre-processors
- Compare and discuss the difference between LESS and SASS
- Describe the modern-day web designer’s workflow
- Introduce the tools require to start writing SASS
- Reiterate the importance of OOCSS and ‘dry’ coding methodologies
- Work with SASS: variables, includes, mixins, placeholders and functions
- Simplify the responsive design workflow with Mixins and placeholders
- Explore how SASS can combine and minify multiple CSS files
- Introduction to Compass and mixin libraries
- Change your sprite generation process forever
- Learn a few amazing tips and tricks